The Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) has been ordered to open ballot boxes for inspection, scrutiny and recount.
In an application by Youth Advocacy For Africa (YAA),the Supreme Court granted them accessibility of the ballot boxes for inspection, scrutiny and recount for the following 15 Polling stations:
– Nandi Hills and Sinendeti Primary School in Nandi,
– Belgut, Kapsuser and Chepkutum Primary Schools in Kericho County;
– Jomvi, Mikindani and Ministry of Water Tanks Polling Stations in Mombasa County;
– Mvita, Majengo and Mvita Primary Schools in Mombasa County; Tinderet CONMO, in Nandi County;
– Jarok, Gathanji and Kiheo Primary School Polling in Nyandarua County;
The above exercise shall be conducted within 48 hours of these orders i.e from 2 pm on Tuesday, 30th August to 2 pm on Thursday,1st September 2022.
Each Party shall be represented by two agents during the exercises above and they shall at times be under the supervision of the Registrar of the court and her staff. The Registrar shall file her report by 5 pm on 1st September 2022 and avail copies to all parties.
IEBC also compelled to provide certified copies of Forms 32A and 34C Book 2 used in the impugned election SUBJECT to the applicants providing to the IEBC specific contested polling stations for compliance thereof.